Mobile learning, including 1:1 and BYOD models, offers unparalleled increased access to devices. Ensure students have a strong foundation to leverage technology’s potential while tooling it in an appropriate and responsible manner.
Foster life long 21st Century Skills by preparing students to use technology in the classroom and beyond. Shape learners who are savvy and responsible creators and consumers of digital content. Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of web searches. Promote good digital citizenship by gaining and sharing literacy on issues such as copyright, privacy, and managing a digital footprint.
In this sessions participants will:
- Improve student web search results with techniques such as advanced searches, image search, search operators, tools and filters and other custom Google Tips and Tricks
- Identify the components of digital citizenship and how they apply to the classroom
- Explore digital security issues, including device specific vulnerability management topics
- List digital rights and responsibilities, developing a digital citizenship pledge
- Discuss digital legal issues, including copyright and other legal rights and restrictions
- Find ways to help students understand the impact of and manage their own digital footprint
- Audience: All K-12 educational professionals, including curriculum and instructional and technology specialists can benefit
- This basics level course help establish a strong foundation for mobile learning
- Duration/Format: 4 hours in a F2F environment with a collaborative group dynamic
After selecting sessions, or if you have questions about integrating some or all of the sessions into a customized PD, contact eMINTS at (573) 884-7202 or firstname.lastname@example.org