Together eMINTS and UCB, have designed online and blended professional development that helps teachers:
- Teach computational thinking (CT) concepts and processes to students
- Create 2D games and adapt knowledge to create science simulations
- Incorporate above CT objectives into their existing curriculum and align to the Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.
- Learn about pedagogy and it’s impact on learning
- Develop lesson plans, assist themselves and students, learn about research, expand knowledge and understanding
- Use CT assessment instruments such as the CTPA (the Computational Thinking Pattern Analysis assessment tool) understand student learning
- Support and coach other teachers interested in Scalable Game Design curriculum
Three Ways to Participate
Response to the course has been very positive. Since the projects beginning in 2013, the eMINTS course alone has led nearly 200 classrooms to introduce programming to students. Afterschool programs have been included as well. The success of this project has led eMINTS to additional funding for programming workshops and courses. eMINTS received funding from both Google and Pathways to train teachers.
For more information on the oDreams Project, contact email@example.com.
Sign up for the most recent opportunity here.
For more information on oDreams and the Missouri Pathways Project, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the oDreams project and the related CS4HS grants, contact email@example.com.